Monday, September 28, 2015

My Sittch Fix Review - Fix #8



Stitch Fix, how I love to hate you.

I love that boxes of clothes come to my door because I truly hate to shop.

I love that someone else picks things for me because I don't feel comfortable doing it for myself.

I love that each selection includes a style card with suggestions for how to wear it.

I hate that they haven't expanded their size range yet. I am on the upper end of their range and a lot of their pants and dresses don't fit me.

I hate that I don't have enough money to get fixes more often.


Fix #8 Monday, September 28, 2015

I had the same stylist for my first six fixes. They were just "okay" and I felt like my notes, my style profile, and my Pinterest board were being ignored. I didn't get anything I asked for or even a mention of them in the note from my stylist. Everything seemed to be random. Then I found a Stitch Fix facebook group and knew that I needed to ask for a new stylist ASAP. My only problems with Fix #7 had to do with fit.

For this fix I told my stylist that I have a wedding to attend in October and I was looking for "something in red" to wear to it. I was open to anything as long as it involved red and was dressy enough for a non-formal wedding. Any shade of red would do and I would consider a dress or mix-and-match with a skirt or pants. My stylist delivered all that I asked for perfectly!

Inside the box:



SKIES ARE BLUE CASPIAN SCALLOP TRIM CARDIGAN
 

This is a sweater-like cardigan. Aside from the fact that I love all shades of red, this is a wonderful cardigan. My complaint with many items is that the sleeves are too short, but the sleeves on this are more than long enough.

Love it!! The color is perfect and the sleeves are a generous length. I expect to get a lot of use out of it through fall and winter.

KEPT $68


PIXLEY TENILLE MINI SKIRT


Mini-skirts are waaaaaaaay outside of my comfort zone. I can't remember when I last wore one. I was excited to see this in my box because I liked the print and the colors were neutral. Sadly, I couldn't get it to zip up.

SENT BACK $58.00

TAYLOR THEODORE V-NECK DRESS

I had seen this dress on facebook and on Pinterest and I was very excited to find it in my box, but it didn't fit me in several places. I am so disappointed that it doesn't fit because the colors and style are perfect. The dress is beautiful, very well made, and was perfect for my red fix. I might have kept it anyway if it was close to fitting, but I couldn't get it to zip up at all. For $138 it was just way too far off.

I love the way this dress looks and the colors are exactly what I was hoping for, but it didn't fit across my chest. I was disappointed when I couldn't get it to zip up.

SENT BACK $138.00


MARGARET M EMER PRINTED STRAIGHT LEG PANT


There isn't much to say about the Margaret M Emer pants. They are just plain comfortably wonderful. They come in several styles. colors, and prints.

They fit nicely and are so comfortable to wear. And again, the color is perfect!! My only complaint about the Emer pants is the price.

KEPT $98.00
UPDATE: I hadn't worn these two months later so I sold them in my Facebook group for $98. I lost a little money because of the PayPal Fee and shipping, but again it was a learning experience.



LOVEAPPELLA DAI DRESS





This dress is perfect! The color is my favorite and the material is soft and comfortable. It is everything I hoped for to wear to the wedding. I only have to find accessories and shoes to go with it.

KEPT $68.00




If you haven't tried Stitch Fix here is my link. I don't get paid to post the link, but if you use my link I will get a small referral credit.


No comments:

Post a Comment